The use of a kick board can;
Using a pull buoy raises the hip position in the water, this gives extra support.
Extra support allows;
- The swimmer to focus on their head position, breathing and arms.
- Not using your legs with a pull buoy means your upper body gets a work out.
- By positioning the pull buoy between their feet the swimmer will experience the swimming downhill sensation and allows them to relax and improve their balance.
Flipper / Fins
The use of fins have many benefits;
- Improving body position with the addition of speed.
- Lowering stroke rate allows for more time to focus on technique.
- Adding fins adds resistance in the water increasing load on the swimmer.
- Improves ankle flexibility.
Over use of fins can lead to cramp, in the lower calves. If swimmers suffer from this a larger more flexible fin may help.